From back roads and trails through the “socalcos” (terraced vineyards), challenging hill climbs to the Douro’s best viewpoints, thrilling descents, visits to the famous Quintas and wine tasting at The Vintage House Hotel, our Cycle the Douro programme incorporates the best of the Douro – all to be enjoyed on two wheels.
With breathtaking routes designed by expert guides and riders from specialist Live Love Ride, the programme includes bike hire to suit each guest’s ability and preference, be it touring, road or electrically assisted. A detailed route book incorporates the best cycle circuits with a pre-programmed GPS to help guide cyclists through the UNESCO world heritage site.
After exploring the region on wheels, dismount and take a guided tour of Croft Port’s vineyard at Quinta da Roêda, a short distance from the hotel, and sample some of Croft’s famous Port wines, from the Fine Ruby and Tawny to the innovative Croft Pink.
Enjoy a delicious Portuguese dinner at our Rabelo Restaurant, with local dishes inspired by the flavours of the Douro region.
- 3 night’s stay for 2 people in a Standard Room with balcony and views of the Douro river
- Breakfast Buffet served in breakfast room
- One ‘Roêda Wine Lover Experience’ per adult at Quinta da Roêda Visitor’s Centre*
- 3 day hire of 2 bicycles, including insurance, helmets, detailed route book and pre-programmed GPS routes
- One three course dinner for two people in the Rabelo Restaurant, including a bottle of wine
- Car Parking
- Free Wi-Fi
Prices per night from: 344€ – 394€
3 nights stay (valid during March, April, May, October & November 2017)
INFORMATION & RESERVATIONS:
Tel.: +351 254 730 230 mentioning “Cycle the Douro”
* Roêda Wine Lover Experience
- Guided tour of the vineyard and traditional “lagares”
- Tutored tasting: Croft Pink, Reserva, LBV, Tawny 10 and 20 Year Old and Vintage Quinta da Roêda 2012
Credit card details are compulsory
Non-refundable deposit of 50% of the total charges required upon confirmation
Cancellations & alterations should be made until 2 days before arrival (local time)
After this, for any cancellations or alterations the remaining 50% will be charged
The above mentioned rates are inclusive of tax and the Programme is subject to limited room and rate availability, and modifications without prior notice.