“The best of the Douro is right here.”
Tabuaço is an ancient Portuguese town in the northern region of the district of Viseu. It is also a sub-region of the Douro Valley, with around 1700 inhabitants. Based here are the civil headquarters of a municipality made up of 13 towns which occupy a total area of 133.86 km² and a population of 6350.
The origins of Tabuaço date back several centuries, when the local inhabitants who originally settled there took on civil administrative responsibilities and there are many local ruins and working instruments which are still visible in the town today, such as ceramic vestiges and primitive stone tanks where they used to make olive oil and wine.
The distance between Tabuaço and Pinhão is only 15 km, around 25 minutes by car.